AG’s office fielding additional civil complaints stemming from YDC sex-assault allegations
Photo by PRIME ROOFING via InDepthNH The John H. Sununu Youth Services Center, formerly known as YDC, in Manchester. (Photo by PRIME ROOFING via InDepthNH)
CONCORD — Law enforcement personnel associated with the office of Attorney General John Formella said Monday that they are continuing to receive civil complaints related to the ongoing investigation into sex-assault allegations at the Youth Development Center, the Youth Detention Services Unit and the Sununu Youth Services Center.
But in many cases, according to the statement, the complaints contain “very limited information regarding the claims,” which has led to the dismissal of two cases because of the lack of information submitted.
The two suits could still be filed, but must include additional information, officials said.
Plaintiffs who wish to file new complaints “under seal” may do so “to the extent permitted by law,” according to the statement.
“The fact that the state is filing these motions (to dismiss) should in no way be considered as a lack of support for the victims of crime,” officials said.
The task force previously created to investigate the sweeping allegations “will continue its mission to investigate child abuse allegations occurring at YDC/SYSC. This investigation remains active and ongoing,” according to officials.
Investigators urge anyone with information regarding criminal conduct at the YDC to contact the Attorney General’s Task Force hotline at 271-4000.
Dean Shalhoup may be reached at 594-1256 or dshalhoup@nashuatelegraph.com.


