×
×
homepage logo
LOGIN
SUBSCRIBE

Greater Souhegan Flashback

By Staff | Feb 20, 2021

From The Telegraph files Thanks to someone who realized the importance of writing information and names on the back of photographs, we know that this "Telephone Company wagon," as it was described, was how "the telephone men got around on Milford telephone jobs back in 1917," according to our writer, who was also thoughtful enough to include the names of these men. The photo probably appeared in the Milford Cabinet at some point, and came into Telegraph possession when The Telegraph acquired the Cabinet in 2005. The men, and their titles, are, from left, John Burr, installer; Henry Squires, stock clerk; William Fraser and William O'Neill, linemen; Charles Reynolds, foreman of the "loop team"; Eddie McMahon, wire chief; Tom O'Neill, testman; and William Merrill, repairman. (From The Telegraph files)

SIGN UP TO CONTINUE

Print Subscriber? Sign Up for Full Access!

Please sign up for as low as 36 cents per day to continue viewing our website.

Digital subscribers receive

  • Unlimited access to all stories from nashuatelegraph.com on your computer, tablet or smart phone.
  • Access nashuatelegraph.com, view our digital edition or use our Full Access apps.
  • Get more information at nashuatelegraph.com/fullaccess
Continue To Article

Newsletter

Join thousands already receiving our daily newsletter.

Interests