From The Telegraph files
While most photos of Nashua's former National Guard Armory at Canal and Lowell streets show the building engulfed in flames, this one obviously pre-dates the February 1957 fire that ended up destroying the building and prompting military officials to build the current armory on South Main Street. Given that the car parked in front is a late 1930s model, the photo was probably taken either just before, during, or just after World War II. Visible at far left is a small segment of the Unitarian Universalist Church, whose leadership, following the fire, acquired the land and built the White Wing Preschool and Kindergarten, which opened in 1959.
(From The Telegraph files)
SIGN UP TO CONTINUE
Print Subscriber? Sign Up for Full Access!
Please sign up for as low as 36 cents per day to continue viewing our website.
Digital subscribers receive
Unlimited access to all stories from nashuatelegraph.com on your computer, tablet or smart phone.
Access nashuatelegraph.com, view our digital edition or use our Full Access apps.
Get more information at nashuatelegraph.com/fullaccess