×
×
homepage logo
LOGIN
SUBSCRIBE

Greater Nashua

Trump says US has no talks planned with Iran and other news from the Middle East

U.S. President Donald Trump said Tuesday the U.S. has no talks planned with Iran but insisted the Strait of Hormuz remains “open and operating,” despite limited traffic and a reported strike on a ship exiting the waterway. Earlier this week, Trump also threatened to bomb Oman as the country sought a deal with Iran to manage shipping traffic through the strait, two regional officials said Tuesday, a day after Trump reportedly leveled the threat if Oman "gets in the way.” Iran says the waterway will not be reopened until the U.S. meets its conditions. As talks between Iran and Oman continue, a projectile hit a ship in the strait and Iran-backed Houthi rebels claimed they fired drones at an oil refinery in Saudi Arabia. Here’s a look at the latest developments Tuesday in the Iran war and the wider Middle East. Full coverage can be found here. Trump looms over ...

New England

more New England

International

more International

Business & Tech

more Business & Tech

Local Sports

more Local Sports

Obituaries

more Obituaries

Community News

more Community News

Arts and Entertainment

more Arts and Entertainment

National

more National

National Sports

more National Sports

more