Boys & Girls Club of Souhegan Valley names 2019 award winners
MILFORD – The Boys & Girls Club of Souhegan Valley is proud to honor a number of local individuals and organizations who have had a tremendous impact on youth and the community in general with the following awards:
• Business of the Year: Jay Steel LLC – For their generous support and commitment to the mission of the Boys & Girls Club and the youth served;
• Woman of the Year: Joelle Martin – For her unfailing devotion to the youth and families served and her tireless commitment of time to support the club mission;
• Community Hero: Paul Sontag – For his many years of dedicated service to the Greater Souhegan Community;
• Volunteer of the Year: Melissa Sidilau – For her tireless work supporting the CAST committee and making a difference in the lives of those involved; and
• President’s Award: Monica Gallant – For her commitment and support of the prevention programs that benefit youth and families served by the club.
These awards will be conveyed during the Youth of the Year and Community Awards Dinner, set for 6-9 p.m. March 20 at LaBelle Winery in Amherst. Tickets for the event can be purchased online at www.SVBGC.org, or by calling the Club at 603-672-1002, ext. 15.
“Youth of the Year” is the most prestigious award conveyed by Boys and Girls Clubs to one teen at each club who displays outstanding character and leadership skills; excels academically, and gives back to their community. Three finalists will be honored at the dinner. The winner, announced that evening, will go on to compete at the state and possibly regional and national levels.
“For the second year in a row, we are excited to honor our Youth of the Year finalists with this special dinner – and also recognize some of the many community supporters of our organization and the youth we serve. I encourage the public to attend and celebrate all these current and future leaders,” Executive Director Mike Goodwin said.