Merrimack firefighters make quick work of blaze
MERRIMACK – Flames damaged a chimney and spread into an adjacent wall at a home on Foster Road Sunday morning.
Firefighters were summoned to 3 Foster Road, off Amherst Road near the Amherst town line, around 9:30 a.m., according to reports. Upon arrival, they reportedly found smoke coming from the chimney and from inside the wall.
Officials declared a working fire, which brought additional crews to the scene. In the meantime, firefighters opened up the wall while others extended the ladder of the first-due ladder truck to access the top of the chimney and check for any fire around it.
Firefighters used extinguishers where possible, in order to minimize water damage inside the home.
The building reportedly sustained some fire damage and smoke damage.
There were no reports of any injuries. It wasn’t immediately known whether the occupants were able to return to the house or had to seek accommodations elsewhere.