Woman indicted in overdose death

NASHUA – Two weeks after a Superior Court jury convicted a Massachusetts man of causing the death of a Pelham resident by selling him the fentanyl on which he overdosed and died, a grand jury on Friday handed up indictments in a similar case that claimed the life of a young Brookline man in 2016.

Kaylee Santos, 26, whose last known address is 41 Ash St., Apt. 6 in Nashua, was indicted on two felony counts, the more serious of which alleges she “knowingly” sold fentanyl to Jonathan Kohli, “which was injected, inhaled or ingested by (Kohli), resulting in (his) death,” according to the indictment.

Santos allegedly sold the drug to Kohli “on or about” April 9, 2016, in Nashua, the documents state.

The other indictment, on the charge of acts prohibited, accuses Santos of selling less than one gram of fentanyl to Kohli, on the same date, also in Nashua.

Both charges are classified as special felonies, each punishable by up to life in prison, a $200,000 fine, or a combination thereof.

An indictment is not an indication, or proof of, guilt, but represents the Grand Jury’s determination that enough evidence exists for prosecutors to move the case forward in Superior Court.

Kohli was 22 at the time of his death, which, according to his obituary, occurred on April 9, 2016 at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua.

A native of Louisiana, Kohli grew up in Brookline and graduated from Hollis-Brookline High School.

His obituary described him as a “loving son, grandson, brother and devoted father” to his young son. It states he was especially known “for his positive work with numerous local recovery groups.”

As for Santos, it appears she lived in Litchfield at one time, but according to police log archives she lived at the Ash Street address in December 2015, when she was arrested in Hudson and charged with theft.

The status of that case is unknown.

Nashua police log archives show Santos was arrested April 23, 2016 – two weeks after she allegedly sold Kohli the fentanyl that led to his death – on a charge of making a false report to law enforcement.

No further information is available on that allegation.

Dean Shalhoup can be reached at 594-1256, dshalhoup@nashuatelegraph.com or @Telegraph_DeanS.