Tuesday, September 2, 2014
My Account  | Login
Nashua;88.0;http://forecast.weather.gov/images/wtf/small/few.png;2014-09-02 12:43:02
Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Unattended grill sparks fire on porch, Nashua fire officials say

NASHUA – Firefighters extinguished an early morning blaze Wednesday caused by a charcoal grill left burning on a porch, fire officials said.

Firefighters were called to 23 Gendron St. at 3:40 a.m., officials said. The fire damaged a porch and the exterior of the residence, officials said.

Occupants had used the grill earlier and left it burning unattended too close to the home, officials said.

“All fires should be attended, and grills shouldn’t be used close to combustibles – i.e., houses,” Deputy Chief Michael O’Brien said.

Grill manuals carry instructions on how close to homes grills should be operated, O’Brien said.

– PATRICK MEIGHAN