Hudson Police arrest Mass. man on warrants from 2009 and 2011 domestic incidents

NASHUA – In March 2009, Joseph Christakos, of Lowell, Mass., allegedly left a series of voicemail messages on an ex-girlfriend’s phone telling her “I am going to shoot you in the face … I am going to kill you,” according to police reports.

He also allegedly said he didn’t “give a (expletive) about the restraining order,” apparently a reference to the permanent protective order issued three months earlier by a Nashua district court judge, prohibiting Christakos from having any contact with the woman, who lived in Hudson at the time.

After interviewing the woman, and speaking briefly with Christakos by phone, Hudson police issued a warrant for Christakos’ arrest on one count each of violation of a protective order, criminal threatening, and stalking.

That warrant, and a second one issued in 2011 on a stalking charge accusing Christakos of threatening “to (expletive) kill” and “bury” the woman’s new boyfriend, were served on Christakos Wednesday, after Nashua police called the Hudson department to advise they had their man in their custody.

Hudson officers retrieved Christakos, 43, of 211 Smith St. in Lowell, and booked him at headquarters on two counts of stalking and one count each of criminal threatening and violation of a protective order.

Christakos, who was later released on $10,000 personal recognizance bail, waived Thursday’s scheduled arraignment in Nashua district court.

He is next scheduled to appear in court at 8:15 a.m. March 21 for a pre-trial conference.

According to police affidavits filed in court, the woman called police on March 21, 2009, telling officers that Christakos allegedly text-messaged her four times earlier that month. He made the alleged threats during a March 9 phone conversation, she told police.

The phone calls grew more frequent starting around 5:30 p.m. March 20, the reports state, and by noon March 21, police said Christakos had called the woman 32 times.

Roughly 21/2 years went by before the woman called police again, this time to report that Christakos had allegedly been texting and calling her regarding the son the two have in common.

Christakos, according to the police report, left a message allegedly threatening to kill the woman’s new boyfriend, apparently over what Christakos felt was the new boyfriend’s attempts to parent Christakos’ and the woman’s son.

Police subsequently contacted Christakos, who, according to the reports, admitted to exchanging text messages with the woman, but said they had been

discussing their son and “custody issues.”

According to a story that appeared in The Lowell Sun newspaper in July 2009, Christakos, then 34, was arrested on charges accusing him of “nearly letting his 11/2-year-old son drown in a pool,” and minutes later, “letting the child tumble down a flight of stairs,” according to the story.

Police told The Sun that the child’s mother – the Hudson woman who Christakos allegedly threatened in 2009 and 2011 – called police after learning of the July incident, which police said took place at Christakos’s Smith Street residence.

He ended up being charged with assault and battery on a child with injury, reckless endangerment of a child and two counts of assault and battery, according to the story.

The disposition of the case wasn’t immediately known.

Dean Shalhoup can be reached at 594-1256, or @Telegraph_DeanS.