Nashua man’s arrest adds to lengthy record

NASHUA – Even as a Superior Court judge this summer was reviewing his motion to postpone a hearing in his identify theft case, Jason Lee Trythall was allegedly assaulting and raping one of his ex-girlfriends in his Nashua apartment, according to court documents.

Judge Charles Temple eventually granted that motion Aug. 16, some three weeks after the alleged assaults occurred – but also three weeks before Nashua police arrested Trythall on July 24 after a lengthy, detailed investigation.

The new set of charges – which include two counts of second-degree assault, domestic violence, Class A felonies; two counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault, Class B felonies; and one count each of theft and criminal mischief, Class A misdemeanors – top a lengthy criminal record that, according to court records, Trythall began compiling more than a decade ago when he was a 23-year-old Merrimack resident.

In between, the now-33year-old Trythall, currently of 104 Walnut St., Apt. 9, accumulated numerous misdemeanor and felony charges accusing him of violating court-issued protection orders; assaulting, threatening and stalking at least two females known to him; assaulting a Milford police officer; falsifying physical evidence; resisting arrest; violating the privacy of one of the women; and committing identity fraud by allegedly wrongfully obtaining a victim’s personal information and using it online.

The charges yielded 18 convictions – 16 on misdemeanor charges and two on felony charges – according to court documents filed Wednesday, when Trythall was arraigned on the new charges in Nashua district court.

Judge Paul Moore, who conducted the arraignment via video conference from Valley Street jail in Manchester, amended Trythall’s bail from $25,000 cash bail to $50,000 cash bail. Moore set a probable cause hearing for Sept. 20 in the Nashua court.

If Trythall makes bail, he is ordered not to come within 300 feet of the alleged victim, described as a former domestic partner with whom Trythall has a child.

He is also ordered to not harass or stalk any of the woman’s family members, and must notify police if he needs to go to her residence to retrieve any personal belongings, according to Moore’s order.

Aside from the new case, one of Trythall’s previous cases – stemming from a 2014 arrest on charges of identity fraud, violation of protective order, stalking and violation of privacy – remains open, with a competency hearing scheduled for Nov. 3, according to his file at Hillsborough County Superior Court South.

It’s the case in which Temple, the judge, granted Trythall’s April motion asking that proceedings be continued while he recovered from "a recent head injury," documents state.

But it’s the conditions attached to the sentencing orders from one of Trythall’s previous cases that could lead to additional charges from this week’s arrest.

Facing three counts of falsifying physical evidence for presenting to the court change-of-counsel requests while purporting to be one of his victims, Trythall, in November 2015, agreed to plead guilty to two of the charges in exchange for a one- to two-year prison term, all suspended for two years. But the terms of the agreement also stipulated that Trythall remain on good behavior – a condition he apparently violated with this week’s arrest.

Three of Trythall’s previous cases went to jury trials, according to his files.

In 2008, a jury convicted him of one misdemeanor count of simple assault, stemming from his 2007 arrest for striking the hand of a Milford police officer. He was sentenced to 12 months in jail, with credit for 183 days of time already served.

Also in 2008, another jury found him guilty of resisting arrest or detention, also a misdemeanor that stemmed from the same 2007 arrest. He was given 120 days in jail, minus six days of time already served, according to the files.

In the recent case, meanwhile, police said officers responded to his Walnut Street apartment just before 6 a.m. July 24 for a report of a domestic disturbance.

The alleged victim told police that Trythall, whom she called her ex-boyfriend, had strangled her – causing breathing problems – and sexually assaulted her on his bed, according to police reports.

She said Trythall took her cellphone and later damaged it, forcing her to run to a neighbor’s apartment and use his phone to call her sister.

Police said the sister then called police to report the incident, according to reports.

Dean Shalhoup can be reached at 594-6443, dshalhoup@nashua or @Telegraph_ DeanS.